Find an image of Malintzin and explain what Townsend would say about it. Would she say it is an accurate portrayal of Malintzin? A portrayal of particular historical ideas about Malintzin? Something else?
On a personel note I feel that this is a wonderful representation of Malintzin. It is well illustrated and portrays Malintzin in a fairly positive light. One particular aspect that strikes me about the figure is her contemplative look over what must be presumed Latin america. The floral scenery in the background depicts Cacti and desert plants indicating a clear cultural connection with her people. It gives a sense that she is the embodiment of that time and place. You also notice that this poster is adorned with the phrase Mallitzin Dona Marina, one of her many titles.
I feel as though Townsend would find this an accurate portrayal. It defeats the feminine misjudgments that have labeled Malitzins character. She would also notice that this picture does nothing to exaggerate this character. I believe Townsend would agree that it is a fairly positive expression and is fairly accurate depiction.
No comments:
Post a Comment